- (11)Ersterscheinung: 05.03.2009Aktuelle Ausgabe: 03.08.2010Furnace Penitentiary: the world’s most secure prison for young offenders, buried a mile beneath the earth’s surface. Convicted of a murder he didn’t commit, sentenced to life without parole, “new fish” Alex Sawyer knows he has two choices: find a way out, or resign himself to a death behind bars, in the darkness at the bottom of the world. Except in Furnace, death is the least of his worries. Soon Alex discovers that the prison is a place of pure evil, where inhuman creatures in gas masks stalk the corridors at night, where giants in black suits drag screaming inmates into the shadows, where deformed beasts can be heard howling from the blood-drenched tunnels below. And behind everything is the mysterious, all-powerful warden, a man as cruel and dangerous as the devil himself, whose unthinkable acts have consequences that stretch far beyond the walls of the prison.
Together with a bunch of inmates—some innocent kids who have been framed, others cold-blooded killers—Alex plans an escape. But as he starts to uncover the truth about Furnace’s deeper, darker purpose, Alex’s actions grow ever more dangerous, and he must risk everything to expose this nightmare that’s hidden from the eyes of the world.
- (2)Ersterscheinung: 31.12.1745Aktuelle Ausgabe: 31.12.1745We thought we'd made it, we thought we were free. But we should have known there was no way out of Furnace. All we did was slip deeper into the guts of the prison: into solitary confinement, where the real nightmares live - the warden, the Wheezers, and something much, much worse. The clock's ticking. Because if we don't escape soon they will turn us into freaks - like them. Forever. In the darkness of the hole your worst nightmares come to life... Action-packed, gritty and gruesome - this is the perfect read for thrill-hungry teenagers.
- (4)Ersterscheinung: 02.08.2011Aktuelle Ausgabe: 14.02.2012In the third book in the Escape from Furnace series, Alex struggles to survive the bloody, brutal laboratories beneath Furnace Penitentiary, where monsters are made.
Alex's second attempt to break out of Furnace Penitentiary failed. This time, his punishment will be much worse than before.
Because in the hidden, bloodstained laboratories beneath the prison, he will be made into a monster. As the warden pumps something evil into his veinsa sinisterly dark nectarAlex becomes what he most fears . . . a superhuman minion of Furnace.
How can he escape when the darkness is inside him? How can he lead the way to freedom if he is lost to himself?
- (2)Ersterscheinung: 07.10.2010Aktuelle Ausgabe: 07.10.2010The gripping fourth instalment in an epic series about Furnace - a terrifying, underground prison for teenagers - now with a stunning new cover. Alex thought that escape was impossible. He was wrong. We broke out of Furnace but we're still not free. The city is in lockdown - roads sealed, police everywhere. And there are worse things here: creatures of death sent to bring the world to its knees. I'm turning into one of them, into a monster. To put an end to this blood-crazed madness I have to travel into the heart of darkness. I have to find Alfred Furnace before he finds me. Soon the whole world will be a prison. Action-packed, gritty and gruesome - this is the perfect read for thrill-hungry teens. With striking new covers that really bring these chilling stories to life.
- (1)Ersterscheinung: 13.11.2012Aktuelle Ausgabe: 13.11.2012Alex Sawyer has escaped his underground nightmare to discover the whole world has become a prison, and Alfred Furnace is its master. Monsters rule the streets, leaving nothing but murder in their wake. Those who do not die become slaves to Furnace's reign of cruelty. Alex is a monster too. He is the only one who can stop Furnace but in doing so he could destroy everything. Is he the executed or the executioner? Who will die? All Alex knows is that one way or another, it all ends now.
Alexander Gordon Smith, Jahrgang 1979, hat sein ganzes Leben Geschichten und Büchern verschrieben: In England hat er sich bereits einen Namen als Autor und als Gründer eines kleinen, unabhängigen Verlages gemacht. Nebenher gibt er Kurse in Creative Writing. Er lebt ...Weitere Informationen zum Autor