- (2)Ersterscheinung: 15.08.2014Aktuelle Ausgabe: 15.08.2014Emily is a teenage girl pulled from our world into a world of magic and mystery by a necromancer who intends to sacrifice her to the dark gods. Rescued in the nick of time by an enigmatic sorcerer, she discovers that she possesses magical powers and must go to Whitehall School to learn how to master them. There, she learns the locals believe that she is a "Child of Destiny," someone whose choices might save or damn their world ... a title that earns her both friends and enemies. A stranger in a very strange land, she may never fit into her new world ...
...and the necromancer is still hunting her. If Emily can't stop him, he might bring about the end of days.
- (1)Ersterscheinung: 15.11.2014Aktuelle Ausgabe: 15.11.2014After completing her first year of learning magic at Whitehall School, Emily accepts an invitation from Princess Alassa to accompany her on her progress back to her home country of Zangaria, where the princess may meet her future husband. For Emily, it is a chance to relax and explore a world very different to Earth, meet new people and come to terms with her reputation in the Nameless World. And yet, as she sees more of the countries surrounding Whitehall, she feels more and more out of place. Even her friends are strange to her eyes. But dark forces are at work, plotting to capture the Princess, take power in Zangeria ... and undo all of Emily's work. As all hell breaks loose, Emily may be all that stands between Zangaria and a return to the dark ages of brute force.
- (1)Ersterscheinung: 15.12.2014Aktuelle Ausgabe: 15.12.2014Brimming with new ideas for magical research, Emily returns to Whitehall School for her Second Year of magical education, looking forward to returning to her studies. And yet things are different; her new roommates harbor their secrets, her old friends are becoming distracted by sports and games and one of the teachers seems to dislike her. As she starts new classes, she discovers she has to work far harder to keep her place in the school. But her second year will be far more adventurous than her first. When it becomes clear that there is a murderer - and a spy - in the school, Emily will be the only one who can save the school from a plot aimed right at the heart of the Allied Lands themselves. And yet her curiosity may very well prove her undoing.
- (1)Ersterscheinung: 15.12.2014Aktuelle Ausgabe: 15.12.2014In the summer between Second and Third Year at Whitehall, Emily accompanies Lady Barb on her rounds of the Cairngorm Mountains bringing magical help to the locals and searching for new magicians. For Emily, tired and broken after the events of Study in Slaughter, it should be a chance to relax as well as a visit to a new part of the Nameless World, to put her responsibilities aside and just be herself. But the locals aren't quite what she expects, with problems of their own, while Lady Barb is a different person away from Whitehall. As children start to go missing and evil things are abroad in the night, Emily discovers that a deadly plot is slowly bringing the mountain community to the brink of disaster ...and that her oldest enemies are about to make a very unwelcome return.
- (1)Ersterscheinung: 15.05.2015Aktuelle Ausgabe: 15.05.2015Mountaintop Academy, sister school of Whitehall, has secrets, deadly secrets - and its MageMaster is dying. When he finally leaves the mortal world, it will trigger a power struggle that may tear the school apart. When a cabal within Mountaintop plots to kidnap Emily and seduce her to their side, she is asked to go undercover into Mountaintop in the hopes she can uncover some of their secrets before they explode out into the open. But when Mountaintop's Administrator begins to introduce her to entire branches of forgotten or forbidden magics, Emily finds herself torn between her love for knowledge, her sense of what is right and wrong... and the mission she agreed to undertake. And when she comes face to face with the dark secret at the heart of the school, it may kill her... or leave her corrupted with a darkness that will never leave her soul. Praise for Lessons in Etiquette "...Emily and Alassa are strong female heroes, remaining composed in the face of danger and asserting themselves when necessary. The book speaks to those who wonder how much developed nations should interfere in the cultivation of a developing society...." ~ San Francisco Book Review.
- (1)Ersterscheinung: 15.08.2015Aktuelle Ausgabe: 15.08.2015The Magical Families of Ashworth and Ashfall have been feuding for countless years, ever since something happened to split one family into two. Now, they have been invited to Cockatrice Faire... when no other magician would dare invite them both. And when it becomes clear that the Ashworth Heir and the Ashfall Heir have fallen in love with one another, Emily finds herself caught in the middle between two powerful families, each one capable of destroying her once and for all... Praise for Lessons in Etiquette "...Emily and Alassa are strong female heroes, remaining composed in the face of danger and asserting themselves when necessary. The book speaks to those who wonder how much developed nations should interfere in the cultivation of a developing society...." ~ San Francisco Book Review.
- (1)Ersterscheinung: 15.12.2015Aktuelle Ausgabe: 15.12.2015After a brief visit to the Blighted Lands, in hopes of recovering something useful from Shadye's Dark Fortress, Emily returns to Whitehall for her fourth year, bracing herself for the exams that will determine her future. But as she resumes her education, she discovers that the shadows of the past are hanging over the school. A teacher wants to break her, some of her friends are acting oddly and, worst of all, a boy intends to court her. As Emily struggles to cope with new challenges and to overcome the demons in her past, she becomes aware of a deadly threat looming over Whitehall, a curse that threatens her very soul. And when she makes a tiny yet fatal mistake, she finds herself facing a fight she cannot win, but dares not lose... Praise for Lessons in Etiquette "...Emily and Alassa are strong female heroes, remaining composed in the face of danger and asserting themselves when necessary. The book speaks to those who wonder how much developed nations should interfere in the cultivation of a developing society...." ~ San Francisco Book Review.
- (1)Ersterscheinung: 15.04.2016Aktuelle Ausgabe: 15.04.2016With Princess Alassa's wedding to Jade fast approaching, Emily returns to Zangaria to play her part in the wedding ceremony and say goodbye to her friends as they leave Whitehall School. But with a demon's warning echoing in her ears, King Randor dangerously unstable and meddling in her relationship with her boyfriend, junior aristocrats scrambling for power, society dames demanding bigger roles in the ceremony, social unrest in Zangaria reaching its peak and her own magic no longer reliable, the wedding ceremony will be anything but relaxing. As Emily is drawn into a maelstrom of political turmoil, no longer certain who she can trust, one thing is certain. Alassa's wedding may turn into hell. And when an old enemy returns, Emily may find herself confronting a choice between doing the right thing... ...And losing everything she's built over the past four years.
- (1)Ersterscheinung: 15.07.2016Aktuelle Ausgabe: 15.07.2016Emily returns to Whitehall, only to discover that things have changed. The new Grandmaster doesn't want her in his school - and is only willing to accept her as a probationary student. If she wishes to remain at Whitehall, she must work for Professor Locke as an assistant while managing her studies and her growing relationship with Caleb. And, as if that wasn't enough, she is also expected to mentor a bunch of younger students. Her time is no longer her own. But when Professor Locke starts opening the tunnels under the school, hunting for the lost secrets of Old Whitehall, he triggers off a series of catastrophes that threaten to tear the school apart. As the staff and students struggle to survive, Emily is forced to solve a disturbing mystery... ...And figure out what it has to do with her private research.
- (1)Ersterscheinung: 20.07.2016Aktuelle Ausgabe: 20.07.2016Their past is not what they think it is... Thrown back in time after the spells binding Whitehall School together nearly collapsed, Emily finds herself in the days of Lord Whitehall. But everything she knows about the past is a lie. The Whitehall Commune is in hiding from a great and terrible foe, while some of the legendary founders bicker like children and others call on deadly and untrustworthy entities with agendas of their own. Desperately seeking a way back to her own time, her mere presence a boon and a curse to established history, Emily is drawn into a conflict against both rogue wizards and a mysterious force intent on exterminating all magicians before the future school can take shape. But as deadly powers converge on the castle, her time is running out... ...And, deep beneath Old Whitehall, something dark and dangerous is about to be born.